The Brizo is a highly accurate (1 cm, 3°) directional wave height sensor for placement on moored buoys. Utilizing the lowest power, all signal Global Navigation Satellite System (GNSS) receiver for measurements, the Brizo can relay parameters and spectra for wave periods of 1.6 to 33 seconds on a <1 W power budget. The Brizo has optional integrated telemetry options that suit your deployment along with built in data logging. The communication modules along with the GNSS antenna allows for simple sensor addition to existing oceanographic and navigation buoys, adapting them as wave measuring modules.
- Measure both wave height and direction
- Low power, GNSS multi frequency, multi signal receiver
- Optional telemetry: Radio, Cellular, Iridium
- Internal logging: 2x 4 GB SD Cards
- Wave Statistics: Max Wave Height, Significant Wave Height, Average, Wave Height, Peak Period, Mean Wave Direction, Mean Spread,These are frequently used wave stats but not a complete list.
- Wave Spectra: Directional wave spectra with 32, 64, 128 bins
- Data Output Rate: fully configurable
- Input Voltage: 9-27 VDC
- 0.75W - 1.3W Setting Dependent
- Operating temperature: -40°C to +60°C (standard)
- Supports a wide range of GNSS and Choke Ring External Antennas
Get In Touch
Need to put something in the water? Contact us and we will see if we can help!